This website is operated by Magic of India.
- the personal information we collect about you
- what we do with your information, and
- who your information might be shared with.
Who we are
Magic of India (‘we’ or ‘us’) are a ‘data controller’ for the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998, (i.e. we are responsible for, and control the processing of, your personal information).
What information we collect?
Personal information provided by you
We collect personal information about you (such as your name, address, phone number, payment details) when you register with us or purchase products or services from us. We also collect personal information when you contact us, send us feedback, post material to our website, compete customer forms, surveys or participate in competitions.
Personal information provided by third parties
Occasionally we may receive information about you from other sources such as PayPal, stripe and our website provider, which we will add to the information we already hold about you in order to help provide products and services, improve and personalise our service to you.
Personal information about other individuals
If you give us information on behalf of children or someone else, you are the parent or guardian of the child, and in case of an adult you confirm that the other person has appointed you to act on his/her behalf and has agreed that you can:
- give consent on his/her behalf to the processing of his/her personal data;
- receive on his/her behalf any data protection notices;
- give consent to the transfer of his/her personal data abroad; and
- give consent to the processing of his/her sensitive personal data.
Sensitive personal information
We may ask you to provide sensitive personal information, for example. If we request such information, we will explain why we are requesting it and how we intend to use it.
Sensitive personal information includes information relating to:
- your ethnic origin
- your political opinions
- your religious beliefs
- whether you belong to a trade union
- your physical or mental health or condition
- your sexual life, and
- whether you have committed a criminal offence
We will only collect your sensitive personal information with your explicit consent.
Monitoring and recording communications
We may monitor and record communications with you (such as telephone conversations and emails) for the purpose of quality assurance, training, fraud prevention and compliance.
For example, we may monitor how many times you visit the website, which pages you go to, traffic data, location data and the originating domain name of a user’s internet service provider. This information helps us to build a profile of our users. Some of this data will be aggregated or statistical, which means that we will not be able to identify you individually.
You can set your browser not to accept cookies and the websites below tell you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, some of our website features may not function as a result.
For further information on cookies generally visit www.aboutcookies.org or www.allaboutcookies.org.
How will we use the information about you?
We collect information about you so that we can:
- identify you and manage any accounts you hold with us;
- process your order;
- conduct research, statistical analysis and behavioural analysis;
- carry out customer profiling and analyse your purchasing preferences;
- if you agree, let you know about other products or services that may be of interest to you—see ‘Marketing’ section below;
- detect and prevent fraud;
- do a credit check—see ‘Credit checking’ section below;
- customise our website and its content to your particular preferences;
- notify you of any changes to our website or to our services that may affect you;
- carry out security vetting;
- improve our services
We would like to send you information by post, email, telephone, text message (SMS), app notifications or automated call about our products and services, competitions and special offers which may be of interest to you.
Other businesses within our group or which we have selected carefully like charities we associate with, may also send you similar marketing messages, depending on what you agree with us.
We will only ask whether you would like us and other businesses to send you marketing messages when you tick the relevant boxes when you complete our online order form for the first time.
If you have consented to such receive marketing from us, you can opt out at any time. See ‘What rights do you have?’ below for further information.
Who your information might be shared with
We may disclose your personal data to:
- other companies within our group;
- our service providers;
- law enforcement agencies in connection with any investigation to help prevent unlawful activity;
- our business partners in accordance with the ‘Marketing and opting out’ section above
Keeping your data secure
We will use technical and organisational measures to safeguard your personal data, for example:
- access to your account is controlled by a password and user name that are unique to you;
- we store your personal data on secure servers; and
- payment details are encrypted using SSL technology
While we will use all reasonable efforts to safeguard your personal data, you acknowledge that the use of the internet is not entirely secure and for this reason we cannot guarantee the security or integrity of any personal data that are transferred from you or to you via the internet. If you have any particular concerns about your information, please contact us by email on email@example.com
What can I do to keep my information safe?
If you want detailed information from Get Safe Online on how to protect your information and your computers and devices against fraud, identity theft, viruses and many other online problems, please visit www.getsafeonline.org. Get Safe Online is supported by HM Government and leading businesses.
Transfers of your information out of the EEA
We may need to transfer your personal data to the United States servers, all of which are located outside the European Economic Area, for the purpose of managing our web service provider. Any transfer of your data will be subject to a European Commission approved contract that will safeguard your privacy rights and give you remedies in the unlikely event of a security breach.
What rights do you have?
Right to request a copy of your information
You can request a copy of your information which we hold (this is known as a subject access request). If you would like a copy of some or it, please:
- email, call or write to us on firstname.lastname@example.org
- let us have proof of your identity and address (a copy of your driving licence or passport and a recent utility or credit card bill), and
- let us know the information you want a copy of, including any account or reference numbers, if you have them
We may charge a small fee £10 for this service.
Right to correct any mistakes in your information
You can require us to correct any mistakes in your information which we hold free of charge. If you would like to do this, please:
- email, call or write to us at email@example.com
- let us have enough information to identify you
- let us know the information that is incorrect and what it should be replaced with
Right to ask us to stop contacting you with direct marketing
You can ask us to stop contacting you for direct marketing purposes. If you would like to do this, please:
email, call or write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also click on the ‘unsubscribe’ button at the bottom of the email newsletter. It may take up to 2 days for this to take place.
let us have proof of your identity and address (a copy of your driving licence or passport and a recent utility or credit card bill), and
let us know what method of contact you are not happy with if you are unhappy with certain ways of contacting you only. For example, you may be happy for us to contact you by email but not by telephone or text.
How to contact us
If you wish to contact us, please send an email to email@example.com or call us on +44 7774 265 232
- keep track of the items stored in your shopping basket [and take you through the checkout process];
- recognise you whenever you visit this website (this speeds up your access to the website as you do not have to log in each time);
- obtain information about your preferences, online movements and use of the internet;
- carry out research and statistical analysis to help improve our content [, products and services] and to help us better understand our [visitor AND/OR customer] requirements and interests;
- target our marketing and advertising campaigns [and those of our partners] more effectively by providing interest-based advertisements that are personalised to your interests; and
- make your online experience more efficient and enjoyable.
Consent (browser settings):
We work with third party suppliers who may also set cookies on our website, for example Wix, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Adobe Flashplayer which we use to display video content. These third party suppliers are responsible for the cookies they set on our site. If you want further information please go to the website for the relevant third party. You will find additional information in the table below.
How to turn off cookies
If you do not want to accept cookies, you can change your browser settings so that cookies are not accepted. If you do this, please be aware that you may lose some of the functionality of this website. For further information about cookies and how to disable them please go to the Information Commissioner’s webpage on cookies: https://ico.org.uk/for-the-public/online/cookies/.